Otago Science Horizons Scholarship
Science Horizons Scholarships for high-achieving students to enrol in an undergraduate degree program in Sciences at the University of Otago. Up to $20,000 in scholarships may be awarded each year, providing candidates of sufficient merit are available.
The purpose of the Scholarship is to encourage and reward the study of Science at The University of Otago. The University of Otago (UO) is one of New Zealand ’s leading research and teaching institutions. The purpose of the Scholarship is to encourage and reward the study of Science at The University of Otago.
- Application Deadline: December 10, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue an undergraduate degree program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study in Science.
- Scholarship Award: Up to $20,000 in scholarships may be awarded each year, providing candidates of sufficient merit are available.
- Number of Scholarships: Not known
- Nationality: The scholarship is available for New Zealand citizens.
- Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available for New Zealand citizens.
- Entrance Requirements:Applications are open to students who: have sat exams for NZQA New Zealand Scholarship or an international equivalents have passed one or more NZQA New Zealand scholarship exams in a science-related subjects must not have previously attended a universities must be intending to enroll in their first year of a program of study for one of the followings degrees at the University of Otago: Science: Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Applied Science, Bachelor of Arts and Science, Bachelor of Surveying or degrees from the School of Physical Education. (Any students intending to enrol in Health Sciences will not be eligible). Students need not apply directly from secondary school, but the award is dependent on final year marks in at least one and preferably two science subjects in New Zealand Scholarship or equivalent.
How to Apply: Each student must: submit an application to Scholarships Office on the prescribed form no later than 10s December in the year prior to intended study at the University of Otago finalize application on confirmation of the applicants’ NZ Scholarship results or relevant international equivalent, by forwarding a copy of the results notification to the Scholarships Office arrange for an academic reference from either the School Principal, Deputy Principal or Heads of Science from their secondary school to be forwarded to the Scholarships Office no later than 10 December in the year prior to intended study at the University of Otago.